Thursday, May 26, 2005

I'm Alive and Kick'n

Hello again, now that life has settled a bit and I've become used to the ho-hum of the normal routine (well, as normal as you can get in a developing country), I'm finding less and less exciting material to share with you all, which is one of the really lame excuses for me only updating my blog now only about once a month istead of 2 or 3 times like I did after I first arrived.

As some of you might notice, I've had to delete a large chunk of my previous posting about our Kyrgyz "Revolution" because I, and several other volunteers, have been informed by our country director that we were printing political events that could be viewed as us volunteers being "spies", which is absolutely ridiculous when you consider the strict rules seperating us from anything that could even smell "suspicious". So that said, in the future, if you want to know what's going on here that has to do with politics - I recommend you watch the news, cause you'll find out more from there than you will from me who is completely clueless when it comes to such things. In any case, I will refrain in the future from putting such material on my blog in fear that the "censorship" person in Bishkek or HQ will be watching....

SOoooo, about life in general, a lot has happened in the last two months that I would like to share with all of you, but I'm short on time at the moment so I will save it for another day in the near future - so stay tuned!